|"Whip you into shape!"|
| Team Resources
5 / 200
|Abilities and Upgrades|
Slap, Bombard, Move
Build on Infestation
|Build Time:||68 (auto-build), 20 (Grow) seconds|
|Builds From:||Alien Commander|
|Buy From:||Advanced Tab|
|Mature Time:||120 seconds|
The Whip is a Kharaa semi-static defense structure built by the Alien Commander. It is a worm-like alien organism that appears as a large, highly flexible, and carapace-covered tentacle surrounded by bony growths around several luminescent sacs, with muscular tentacle appendages that aid in movement.
As with most Kharaa structures, the Whip is rooted into Infestation when grown. However, it does not depend on infestation for nutrition, and instead uses it to support its body mass. The Whip can uproot and waddle along the ground to reposition itself. When rooted, it can lash out with its elastic tentacle and slap a nearby target, an action that earned its name among Marines.
When matured, the Whip can grow an acid-filled sac that contains a highly corrosive bile for inorganic materials. The Mature Whip can effectively bombard Frontiersmen bases by flinging these sacs using surprising force, and causing the acid to splatter explosively on impact.
|Slaps a target with the Whip's armored tentacle that deals bonus damage against robotic units and structures.
|Fire Rate||2 seconds|
|Targets||Marine, Exosuit, Robots, Structures|
|Requires||Rooted on Infestation|
|Throws a bile sac that explodes on impact, dealing splash damage to all Frontiersmen units and structures in the area.|
|Fire Rate||6 seconds|
|Targets||Armor, Robots, Structures|
|Requires||Mature Whip, Rooted on Infestation|
|Move / Stop|
|Issues a move or stop order to a Kharaa unit or structure.
|Hotkey||S (icon), Mouse2 (cursor)|
|Targets||Ground, Units, Structures|
|Most Kharaa structures will mature over time, gaining extra maximum Health and Armor every second until fully matured.
|Unlocks Leap and Xenocide abilities for all Skulk players when the abilities' Biomass level requirements are met.|
|Research Time||90 seconds|
Tips and Strategies
- Placement: Whips have a limited attack range, so placing them in open areas where Marines have direct line of sight will get the Whip killed.
- Whips are best placed behind a doorway, so a Marine must engage at close range to shoot at it (see Hydra placements for more hints).
- Once matured, Whips gain the ability to lob a sac of acid (similar to Bile Bomb), it does straight up damage and not damage over time.
- Sneak a Whip to Marine base by using the Echo ability of a Shift, a few volleys will destroy any building.
- Echoing a Whip (or any other structure), into an area controlled by a Shade means Marines don't see it coming til its too late.
Whip render with bombard ball ready