When purchased, the Welder replaces the Switch-Axe, allowing the wielding Marine to repair Power Nodes, damaged marine buildings or robots, and Marine Armor. It builds ghost structures, unbuilt power nodes, and destroyed power nodes faster than the build tool. It deals little damage at a high firerate so it is a viable last resort in an engagement. Against alien structures, it does less damage than the Switch-Axe so it is a trade-off between its repairing functionality and the Axe's anti-structure role. Upgrading Weapon levels will not increase damage potency or repair rate. It is planned to be able to weld doors shut.
Unlike it's NS1 counterpart, the Welder no longer uses its own weapon slot; it replaces the Switch-Axe, and has considerably higher damage compared to the NS1 Welder, enough to be a viable last resort in combat. It should be noted that the Welder's damage per second is higher than the Switch-Axe; it deals damage .25 seconds more frequently, making it a slightly more effective weapon in melee combat. However, the Welder replaces the Axe's Structural damage with Flame damage.
The Welder may be dropped by pressing 'g'. Dropping the Welder will leave you with the Switch-Axe. You may also enter any Exosuit by pressing 'e'.
A: your crosshair
B: percentage of health/armor of what you're welding
The Welder, as its namesake suggests, specializes in welding Marine armor, and structure and robot metal plating. It repairs structures health and armor at the same speed. The repair rate changes depending on what you're welding.
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|
|Repair Rate||18 Armor/second||81 Armor/second||195 Armor/second||130 Armor/second|
Group C: Power Node
Group D: Sentry
Tips and Tactics
- you can actually weld while running
- don't leave base without it.
- weld other marines and structures if safe.
- don't use the Welder to take down structures unless they are flammable.
- you may use the Welder as a last resort in combat but it may be better to try to reload your Pistol and dodge at the same time.
- once Exosuits are out, everyone should have a Welder to repair the Exos.
- Exosuits marines are now able to get out (press and hold "G"), it is now possible to weld your own Exosuits if you purchased your own welder. To hop back in press "E". Note others can not take your Exosuit.