Thanks for catching my errors. Guess I'm too tired to be wiki-ing. Quovatis 05:46, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
No worries, you've done a great job against the onslaught of spam :D!! PsiWarp 06:27, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
A lot of the recent stuff you added isn't even live yet, and may never actually go into the game. It's not a big deal as I think the stuff will indeed go in the next patch, but the info on the wiki should be current info. Some players might come to the wiki, look up fade, and then wonder why they can't do the double tap blink in game (yet). Quovatis 22:16, 28 May 2011 (UTC)
Community Portal spelling error?
I can't decide if this statement on the front of the Community Portal is a pun or failed wikicode. Maybe you can tell me.
Currently [[editing]] 678 articles related to Natural Selection 2 in multiple languages!
- Unfortunately, I have no clue, this account was my first wiki experience after all :D. I agree with moving it to a better location though.--PsiWarp 19:19, 6 March 2012 (UTC)
Frontiersmen weapons and structures
Could you please fix (restore) the structure of the weapons and structures to what it was? Right now is incredible unreadable and it was perfectly fine before you changed it. Using text to make an arrow? ---> wtf? Please, before you do anything like this discuss it with the others.
Thanks PaiSand 23:30, 7 March 2012 (UTC)
- I understand your concern. Although at the time only a few people were active, I attempted the change in hopes of further organizing the page. What do you find unreadable about new layout, by the way? They are listed with centered titles, with images above the link to their respective articles, and ordered in such a way that is similar to in-game (for example, armory weapons, structures in the build and advanced tabs in Commander Menu). In the future, I will take care to wait for proper feedback before attempting large changes as such.--PsiWarp 01:00, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
- Titles, images and names are too close. There is a reason to not do that, and is readability. Just check how I see it:
- When you make a design you must always take into consideration not only your small screen but all of them.
- It was a lot better the old readable table. Please, put that table back again.
- PaiSand 21:39, 10 March 2012 (UTC)
- I see, it may have something to do with the bolded text, but I'll revert it for comparison (hopefully better visibility/readability for all). I am curious though, what resolution do you have for your computer/monitor (I usually run it on 1680x1050)?--PsiWarp 22:47, 10 March 2012 (UTC)
- And there we are! The table format has been reverted, hopefully it will be readable again :)--PsiWarp 22:52, 10 March 2012 (UTC)
Promoted you to Sysop for the great work you have done lately. You can also help deal with the spam we occasionally get. Quovatis 16:37, 22 May 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you very much! I will try my best to get the handle of things :)--PsiWarp 21:27, 22 May 2012 (UTC)
Be sure to ban spammers indefinitely. I noticed one you banned for 1 month made another page today. Quovatis 15:19, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
- Will do from now on. There were several others with different times (silly me), so I'll look out for them.--PsiWarp 18:36, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
For my gross inactivity :(
However I'm back and looking to see if we can spruke up anything on the wiki some more... including an upgrade (trying that request again).
Anything you think we could target??
Regards, Daworm 03:12, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Daworm! Sorry for my inactivity since Build 224 and thanks for dealing with the spambots. I don't have any specific targets in mind, so the upgrade request would be great.--PsiWarp 01:01, 16 November 2012 (UTC)
- No problems. Well the upgrade WILL happen, they just have to upgrade the server software first and then the wiki, no timeline but I'll poke them again in about 2 weeks if nothing happens. They agree though, it is needed. 01:12, 16 November 2012 (UTC)
I have no idea if this is where this is meant to go, but I saw your updates to the Marine and Exosuit pages and they're killer, so here we are; a while ago I started making a conscious effort to improve the wiki, since a lot of new players are going to look here, see it's very much cobwebbed and leave with a negative impression of NS2. Hence I started changing a few things, but ran into trouble with wikicode and some pretty huge inexperience with it. I started on the Bile Bomb and Parasite pages, and the Bile Bomb page especially has image trouble - can you enlighten me as to what I've done wrong on that page? Priderage (talk) 06:28, 4 July 2013 (CDT)
- Hey Priderage, thank you for your effort to improve the wiki! Unfortunately, I have stumbled on this problem myself and could only use a workaround (see the Marine page for the thumbnails, they only show up when the resolution is really small). I am baffled by this image resize problem as well; the only explanation I can come up with is that something went wrong when the wiki software was upgraded (see Daworm's section above), since the older higher resolution images also cannot be resized.--PsiWarp (talk) 14:12, 4 July 2013 (CDT)
I'm Mondes and I'm new to the NS 2 wiki. I am interested in helping make this wiki a great resource for newer players. :) I was wondering since you are a very active member of this wiki if there is anything you need help with. Otherwise, I'll just be making general edits to bring info up to date.
Pls reply, Mondes :D
- Hello and welcome Mondes! I'm glad to have you on board, since as you've probably noticed, we're short-handed on wiki update activity. Please proceed with edits as you see fit. I'll be on the lookout should you need any help! Also, you can keep up to speed on wiki-wide projects in my profile page.
- Looking forward to working with you, --PsiWarp (talk) 14:38, 7 September 2013 (CDT)
Hi Psi, I am back after much inactivity to do more updates. I don't know how to update the formatting etc.. (and don't have the images to do so) so have relegated myself on doing text edits. On the Kharaa pages on the creatures, could we please have a cost of evolutions (Skulk per evolution is zero, and Gorge is 2 (I think, have to check my numbers). I ll try and do this some time today (and you can correct the format as you see fit when ever you can, to make it look awesome). Also, the skulk has one more movement related ability. When you press "ctrl" you don't actually crouch. you drop from the surface you are attached to. I think that should be with the other innate abilities. Cheers. Cannon