Talk:Natural Selection 2 Mapping
Considering moving this page to a Category instead and use the Category page as the landing page for mapping information, have a look at how it's done on the Valve Dev Wiki to clarify (that and the Level Design FAQ).
Daworm 01:27, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
- Don't really see the point in having all those page name links in alphabetical order again after the main part with the structured content of links and descriptions. I guess it might be useful for regular users who know what the title of the page they're looking for starts with. Depends really on which type of user would be more common for this section of the site. Ljcrabs 06:56, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
- Well I'd suggest we have appropriate named pages redirected to the category, and then the category is filled out like a new article as appropriate. Just if people want something not in the list they could scroll down and see specific pages. I would imagine this area is more to be used by those with some understanding so know what they want. I reckon main pages such as Level Design, Mapping Level Making Level Creation or similar get redirected to this page. Means if someone does a search on the wiki for "Mapping" it'll bounce them to the main starting page. But even then, should we build it in a category or in a normal article? Daworm 07:38, 2 September 2009 (UTC)
Not Brush Based
Brush-based implies that the editor uses Brushes to work with the map geometry, ala. Hammer and UnrealED, but this isn't the case at all. I would suggest a more correct name for it, but I haven't a clue. (Edit: Perhaps "Sculpting-based"?) -Dalin Seivewright 16:46, 12 February 2010 (UTC)
- I was going to include this in my recent change:
* Brush based with model support (<small>Like Hammer editor</small>)
* The atomic unit for map geometry is a '''face'''. ** A face is compose of four vertices (and hence: four edges) ** It is not known how unused vertices and edges are handled by the engine.
- However, as I haven't been involved in NS2 development for a few months, I am sure if it is still accurate information. Could someone please agree or disagree.
Deco 02:59, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
Proposal to move page to "Mapping"
We're on the NS2 wiki, it's pretty obvious "Mapping" is going to cover mapping for NS2. Deco 03:03, 20 January 2011 (UTC)