This Wiki is moving to a brand new platform! Please do not rely on any information here as it may be inaccurate and/or out of date! For help with NS2, hop onto the official Discord server!
|"Get off the Infestation! Whips are echoing in!"|
| Team Resources
5 / 200
|Abilities and Upgrades|
Echo, Move, Energize
Build on Infestation
|Build Time:||61.2 (auto-build), 18 (Grow) seconds|
|Builds From:||Alien Commander|
|Buy From:||Advanced Tab|
|Mature Time:||120 seconds|
The Shift is a Kharaa semi-static defense structure built by the Alien Commander. It is a barnacle-like alien organism which possesses numerous tendrils that aid in movement and support its fleshy upper body, that consists of a stinger, luminescent organ, and bony shell.
When within proximity of a Shift, Kharaa lifeforms experience accelerated body metabolism, which energizes their bacterial cells. Lifeforms become highly energetic and thus can repeatedly use abilities without exhaustion. The Shift can also dissolve itself or nearby Kharaa structures into microscopic Bacterium, then reform them elsewhere on Infestation.
The Shift is the counterpart to the Movement Chamber, which allowed lifeforms to teleport to existing Hives. However, the teleportation ability has been replaced by the Gorge Tunnel, which allows lifeforms to move between two points on the map. The Shift retains the ability to provide extra energy to lifeforms.
|Teleports a single structure type near the Shift to a target location anywhere on Infestation.
|Hotkey||A (on Shift), D (Assist Tab), A/S/D/F/Z/X/C (select structure)|
|Targets||Structure, Ground, Infestation|
|Requires||Shift Hive, existing structures nearby|
|Move / Stop|
|Issues a move or stop order to a Kharaa unit or structure.
|Hotkey||S (icon), Mouse2 (cursor)|
|Targets||Ground, Units, Structures|
|Recharges energy of nearby Kharaa lifeforms.
|Most Kharaa structures absorb nutrients by rooting into the Infestation. If the Infestation recedes from underneath a Kharaa structure, it will take damage over time until death or the ground is infested again.|
|Damage||12 per second|
|Most Kharaa structures will mature over time, gaining extra maximum Health and Armor every second until fully matured.
|Unlocks Umbra and Spores abilities for all Lerk players when the abilities' Biomass level requirements are met.|
|Research Time||90 seconds|
Tips and Strategies
- Place a Shift near a growing Hive to give a Gorge unlimited energy to Heal Spray a Hive quickly.
- Place a Shift near the front line for a Gorge to continually heal your attacking Kharaa.
- When Echoing structures, be sure to echo the Shift last or you will leave your other structure behind.
- One good strategy to quickly and safely expand is to place a Shift near your first hive Harvester, that way, you can echo it to the next free Resource Nozzle, and grow a new Harvester in base. This is much safer than growing a Harvester out in the field.
- Place a Shift near your upgrades, and Echo them out off the base if there is a large assault on that Hive.