The Flamethrower can set any Kharaa lifeforms and structures ablaze, causing them to take damage until the flames extinguish. When on fire, Kharaa lifeforms regain energy at a reduced rate and their view is partially obscured by flames; the Gorge's Heal Spray is capable of snuffing out fires on lifeforms and structures alike. However, Lerk Spores, Umbra and Drifter clouds will dissipate instantly when touched by even a small puff of flame. Gorge Bile Bomb, and Whip bombardment are also burnt away by flames. Any structures on fire will render its ability non-functional (eg. a Shade no longer cloak)
- Buy Cost: 15 Personal Resources
- Purchase From: Advanced Armory
- Prerequisites: Research Flamethrower (Advanced Armory)
- Primary Fire: Flamethrower
- Function: Inflicts flame damage on targeted player or structure within area of effect at close range.
- Base Damage: 16 for Players; 18 for Structures
- Damage Type: Flame
- Radius: 1.8
- Clip Size: 50
- Range: 8
- Warmup Time: 0.7
- Burn Damage per Stack per Second: 3
- Maximum Stacks: 20
- Stack Rate: 0.4
- Burn duration: 6
- Description: A passive ability of the Flamethrower, it can ignite any Kharaa lifeforms or structures. Cysts and Clogs receive 5x burn damage.
- Sap Energy
- Energy Regen Rate: 60% of normal rate
- Description: When Kharaa lifeforms are on fire, they regain energy at a reduced rate, thus crippling their ability usage.
- Disperse Gas
- Description: The Flamethrower can burn away Spores and Umbra clouds instantly.
- Burn Bile
- Description: The Flamethrower can burn away Bile Bomb and Whip Bombardment instantly.