From NS2 community wiki
February 02, 2016
Tweaks / Improvements
- Reverted the “Sneaky Skulk” (introduced with build 276) by popular request. (Skulks could become exposed without noticing, or even partly glitch into walls)
- Removed local talk bind due to it causing confusion to new players. Functionality still exists in engine, but the implementation needs to be reassessed before exposing it again.
- Reduced snapshot history on servers to 2 seconds instead of 10, to reduce memory usage
- Servers will now decrease send frequency to alt+tabbed clients after 1 second instead of 3 to reduce server bandwidth and cpu usage.
- Added a filter for “rookie only” servers to the server browser
- Lowered the speed with which the server browser updates the sorting to make it usable when you update the server list.
- Added the new Extension System to Servers. Allows game-only updates to be released without the need for changes to be pushed through Steam.
- Fixed that the tutorial windows was always showing up for new player with Play Now.
- Fixed server performance issues introduced in build 279
- Fixed server memory leaks when flushing network snapshots.
- Fixed server crash after a failed map load.
- Fixed that you couldn’t play the “vs Bots” mode as “non rookie”
- Fixed disconnection pop-up message box garbled text in main menu.
- Fixed some smaller script error of the new bot code.
- Updated to Steamworks v. 1.35a (our first time updating in 3 years!)
- Reworked some of the internals of the editor so that hotkeys will now be stored with their tool name instead of their tool’s ID. This means that your hotkeys shouldn’t get scrambled every time a new command is added to the editor. Unfortunately, this means there will be a one-time reset of all hotkeys in the editor to their defaults, so if you’ve got a configuration you really like, write it down!!!
- Added an error message that prevents the trim tool from working if there are duplicate vertices present. Before, this would create an invisible, infinitely sized face that would make it nearly impossible to select any other faces. Bad stuff.