From NS2 community wiki
This is a news page for game specific updates IE: from UWE directly. Please try to keep only the 4 latest entries within the
For wiki specific news items, please list them on the Wiki News page.
- December 3, 2013
- Build 261 now live on Steam!
- Improved collision, commander keybinds, less hitching, and more!
- November 20, 2013
- Build 260 Live on Steam!
- Kharaa balance changes, bugfixes by collaborative effect of SamusDroid and Sewlek, and more!
- November 6, 2013
- October 30, 2013
- Natural Selection 2 One Year Anniversary
- Build 259 marks NS2's 1 year anniversary! Includes Shadow Gorge + toys, Lerk, and more!
- October 14, 2013
- Build 258 is now live on Steam!
- Tons of bugfixes and optimization!
- September 30, 2013
- State of Development: September 2013
- Learn more about the Reinforcement Program, future development, and top secret stuff!
- September 20, 2013
- Build 256 is now live on Steam!
- Bugfixes, improvements and optimization, oh my!
- September 5, 2013
- Build 255 is now live on Steam!
- Badges, Elite/Assault Marines, Shadow Skulk, and more!
- August 29, 2013
- Reinforced Expansion Released!
- Reinforcements have arrived. Join us during Free Weekend and NS2 is now 75% off on Steam!
- August 27, 2013
- Build 252 is Now Live on Steam!
- Preparatory patch for the upcoming content update: Reinforced!
- August 13, 2013
- August 30: Reinforced
- Reinforcements are coming. Natural Selection 2's second major content update to arrive soon!
- July 24, 2013
- Build 251 is Now Live on Steam!
- New "Cystem", queuing orders, shell ejection, and more!
- July 22, 2013
- Naming the September Content Update
- What would you call the update that includes Biodome, Female Marine, potential Linux support, and more?
- July 21, 2013
- Steam Summer Sale Daily Deal! - 75%!
- Natural Selection 2 is on sale for 75% off! Enlist for the Frontiersmen-Kharaa war today!
- July 5, 2013
- State of Development: June 2013
- Biodome, Steam Trading Cards, Performance Improvements, Linux, and Gameplay changes!
- July 3, 2013
- The Female Marine
- Female Marines to join the fray in the upcoming September content patch!
- June 26, 2013
- NS2 Build 250 Live
- Balance Test Mod fully integrated into vanilla NS2!
- June 15, 2013
- Proposed Balance Changes
- Try out the Balance Test Mod and help shape the future of NS2 gameplay!
- March 6, 2013
- NS2 Build 241 Live (Hotfix)
- Bugfixes and optimization for Gorgeous Update!
- February 28, 2013
- NS2 Build 240 "Gorgeous" Live
- Babblers, Gorge Tunnel, Railgun Exosuit and more!
- February 28, 2013
- How does Gorgeous Work?
- Gorgeous Screenshots
- Find out about key features in the Gorgeous Update, along with screenshots to boot!
- February 27, 2013
- Gorgeous Trailer Released
- Check out the awesome new trailer for the Gorgeous Update!
- February 27, 2013
- Time to be Gorgeous, fellow players!
- The Gorgeous Update will be released soon, find out when across the globe!
- November 19, 2012
- NS2 Build 230 Live
- Post-release balance patch with various bugfixes!
- November 14, 2012
- NS2 Build 229 Live
- Flamethrower fire residue, Crag Heal scaling, and many bugfixes!
- November 12, 2012
- Build 229 Beta on Steam
- Want to help find major bugs for Build 229? Check out the beta version on Steam!
- November 1, 2012
- NS2 Build 228 Live
- Precache bug fix, server browser improvements, memory optizmation!
- October 30, 2012
- NS2 v1.0 Released
- New map: Refinery, infestation improvements, newer loading screens!
- October 29, 2012
- Beta Build 226 Live (Infestation)
- Dynamic Infestation, fixes and improvements, onwards to release!
- October 26, 2012
- Beta Build 225 Live
- Drifter & MAC unit cap, map loading screens, bug fixes and optimization!
- October 25, 2012
- Refinery Reveal
- Check out screenshots and concept art for Refinery, a new map due for NS2 release on Halloween!
- October 24, 2012
- Beta Build 224 Live
- Commander UI polish, Sentry 3.0, melee damage cones, performance & optimization!
- October 12, 2012
- Beta Build 223 Live (Hotfix)
- Hotfixes for dedicated server and client, Explore Mode functional!
- October 11, 2012
- Beta Build 222 Live
- Server browser filter options, Arms Lab hologram, balance changes & optimization!
- October 9, 2012
- NS2 Release Date Announced
- October 31, Halloween 2012 will mark the release of Natural Selection 2!
- September 28, 2012
- Beta Build 221 Live (Lockdown)
- Explore Mode, Steam Workshop Mod support, balance changes and bug fixes!
- September 18, 2012
- Beta Build 220 Live
- Rookie Mode, Adrenaline revamp, Rifle weapon upgrade sounds!
- September 11, 2012
- Beta Build 219 Live
- Sentry Battery, Exosuit thrusters, Lerk and Onos balance changes!
- September 5, 2012
- Beta Build 218 Live
- Hydra durability and accuracy, Marine sprint "out of breath", balance changes and bug fixes
- September 4, 2012
- NS2 Deluxe Edition on Steam
- Natural Selection 2 is officially for sale on Steam! Pre-order now to receive full game and other goodies!
- August 28, 2012
- Build 217 "Titanium" Live
- The Exosuit and dual minigun, new Commander UI, Ambient Occlusion!
- Exosuit Revealed!
- Check out the new Exosuit reveal trailer!
- August 8, 2012
- Beta Build 216 Live
- Insight mod integration, New Docking changes, main menu improvements!
- August 7, 2012
- NS2 Official Site Overhaul
- Check out the new promo site for Natural Selection 2!
- July 26, 2012
- NS2 Translation Site Launched
- Visit the new website to help translate NS2 across multiple languages!
- Beta Build 215 Live
- Armory health-only resupply, Fade double-jump, and many balance changes!
- July 11, 2012
- Beta Builds 213/214 Live
- Feign Death and Adrenaline, Fade Blink changes, Hive requirements for lifeform abilities!
- June 28, 2012
- Beta Builds 211/212 Live
- MAC EMP Blast, Infestation Spike, Play Now menu option!
- June 15, 2012
- Beta Build 210 Live
- Energy removed, new Armory & Prototype Lab buy menus, advanced lifeform abilities!
- June 14, 2012
- Docking Reveal
- Check out the reveal trailer for Docking, due for release in Build 210!
- May 30, 2012
- Beta Build 209 Live
- The Shift and Spur, Poison Bite for Lerk, unchained lifeform abilities!
- May 17, 2012
- Beta Build 208 Live
- Shade Ink Cloud & Hallucination, Energy-based Medpack & Ammopack, plus more features & fixes!
- May 2, 2012
- Beta Build 207 Live
- Anti-camp push-back, Gorge buildings refinement... Oh my!
- April 25, 2012
- Beta Build 206 Live
- Drifter 2.0, the Clog, free Gorge structures, and more!
- April 19, 2012
- Indie Booth: The Movie
- Find out more about the developers' experiences at PAX East 2012!
- April 19, 2012
- Beta Build 205 Live
- Alien structures now mature over time, Nutrient Mist, and lots more goodies!
- April 16, 2012
- Alien Commander v2.0
- Charlie gives us a detailed design log regarding the new Alien Commander's gameplay.
- November 19, 2010
- NS2 Closed Beta
- We have only 10,000 closed beta slots available. So if you want to play the game early and perhaps influence its growth, come on in!
- The NS2 closed beta is also available to everyone that has previously purchased NS2!
- November 19, 2010
- We've just been informed that the NS2 Beta is...NOW LIVE!
- Blog update, more screenshots, details coming in 12 hours.
- November 18, 2010
- 2-minute video showing the playable alien "Fade" class from Natural Selection 2. See him doing what he does best - "blinking" and killing. Play him tomorrow in beta!
- October 15, 2010
- Continuing with our Alien structure updates, here is a quick look at the "Whip". This is a new upgrade structure that really has no counterpart from NS1.
- July 26, 2010
- NS2 Alpha out!
- Two weeks ago, when we announced our plans for releasing the alpha, we knew we had a ton of work to do. But we also knew that most of the core game was working, we just had to pull it all together. We've been working so hard for so long on this game, we just knew we could do it.
- This is the beginning of a long and rewarding journey, and tonight, we all take the first step together. We hope you enjoy playing as much as we do making it.
- NOTE: The Special Edition was discontinued and the price for the Standard Edition has increased.
- July 15, 2010
- NS2 Alpha date set!
- NS2 Alpha is around the corner. The day: Monday, July 26th (11 days). If you've pre-ordered the Special Edition already, THANK YOU. Otherwise, if you want to be playing on Day 1, you'll need to order it before then.
- NOTE: After July 26th, we are discontinuing the Special Edition and black marine armor and will be increasing the price on the Standard Edition. We want to make sure our early adopters retain this distinction.
- Take an sneak peak on this new screenshots and information about what to expect in the alpha.
- April 23, 2010
- Since the release of the engine test it's been super busy around here. Just like when we released the first version of the editor, our first step has been to address any crash bugs that showed up. Friday Update - Engine Progress
- April 16, 2010
- Engine Test follow-up We're very happy that it seemed to be well-received and that all of you are enjoying an early look at the technology and art style in the game.
- April 9, 2010
- Today is a big milestone for Unknown Worlds: we've just released the NS2 "Engine Test" to everyone that has pre-ordered the game! This is the first version of the game and game engine. NS2 Engine Test released!
- 31st October, 2009
- UWE have announced a release date for the Level editor for all pre-orders to come sometime during November. On top of that some awesome updates on game status as well
- 2nd October, 2009
- UWE has released a short video that show all of the components that make up the rendering system in the engine. See it here
- 15th September, 2009
- 20th August, 2009
- 18th August, 2009
- 12th August, 2009
- 6th August, 2009
- 5th August, 2009
- Skulk IGN Reveal Video up. Full details in 24-hours!
- 27th July, 2009
- New Environment Props article is online. See some of UWE's development from Conception to Render here
- 2nd July, 2009
- Knife/Pistol possible replacement announced. Read about it here